Crowell & Moring was founded in Washington, D.C., in 1979. We have become a global firm, strong in our beliefs that relationships come first, that being entrepreneurial and creative in our approach to the law is critical, and that it is important to give back to the community. We are proud to say that we are considered to be one of Washington's best law firms. In fact, the firm was recognized by the National Law Journal as the “Washington Litigation Department of the Year” in General Civil Litigation.
Our Washington, D.C., office is one of the largest, most diverse, and highly regarded law firms in the area. Many of the firm's lawyers have served in federal agencies or on Capitol Hill, and customarily combine their litigation, legislative, and regulatory policy skills to meet client needs. From high-stakes litigation to complex transactions, our commitment to teamwork and flexibility allows us to remain responsive to our clients' changing needs in today's dynamic legal and business environment.
The firm and the Washington, D.C., office are often recognized for our workplace environment, diversity, and pro bono efforts:
- Given a 100 percent rating by Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2016 Corporate Equality Index, which rates companies based on their treatment of and policies regarding GLBT employees, consumers, and clients.
- Named by Working Mother Magazine as one of the 2015 Working Mother & National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Flex-Time Lawyers LLC “50 Best Law Firms for Women."
- Ranked number one by the Financial Times in the “Social Responsibility – Pro Bono Cases” category in 2015.
- Recognized as a "Top Ten Family Friendly Firm for 2013" by Yale Law Women, a list that recognizes law firms for their leadership in developing and implementing family-friendly practices and policies.
- Named in Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work in Greater Washington."
- Bestowed with the Bar Association of the District of Columbia's prestigious “Constance L. Belfiore Quality of Life Award” in the large law firm category for exceptional quality of life.