OOPS 2012 - Predicting the Future: Federal Contracting in an Election Year
May 9-10, 2012
With decreasing agency budgets and an increasing regulatory/enforcement regime, 2012 presents a brave new world for government contractors. Questions abound: How are government agencies spending their increasingly slashed budgets? What enforcement trends are emerging/can be expected? How will the impending elections affect government contractors in terms of agency spending and for the regulatory/enforcement environment? Join us as our government contracts law practitioners share their perspectives on current industry topics and predictions for the future.
Click here to download the PDF containing all presentations and supplemental materials from OOPS 2012.
Please find individual presentations listed below.
- "2012 NDAA Data Rights Changes," Speaker: John E. McCarthy Jr.
- "Accounting and Pricing Developments," Co-Speakers: Terry Albertson, J. Catherine Kunz, and Stephen J. McBrady.
- "Bid Protests: Trends & Developments," Co-Speakers: Dan Forman, Amy O’Sullivan, and Derek Mullins.
- "Contract Claims and Disputes Resolution: Budget Implosion and Contract Fallout," Co-Speakers: Chris Haile, Bob Wagman, and Grant Book.
- "Cross-Border Transactions: Key Issues for U.S. Companies Abroad," Speaker: Morris F. DeFeo, Jr.
- "Cybersecurity: What Does a Breach Mean to Your Job Identity or Security?," Speaker: David Z. Bodenheimer.
- "Doing Business in a Budget Crisis," Co-Speakers: W. Stanfield Johnson and David C. Hammond.
- "False Claims Act: Recent Developments and Their Impact on Compliance and Enforcement," Co-Speakers: Robert R. Rhoad, David O’Brien, Brian Tully McLaughlin, and Dalal Hasan.
- "Hiring Former Government Employees: Recent Developments," Speaker: Peter J. Eyre.
- "Investigations," Co-Speakers: Philip Inglima, Andy Liu, and Raja Mishra.
- "Potential Changes to U.S. Government Contracting Opportunities Abroad," Speaker: Steve Rice.
- "Recent Protest Decisions on Organizational Conflict of Interest," Speaker: Tom Humphrey.
- "Revised Commercial Item IP Rules," Speaker: Alexina G. Jackson.
- "Stanford v. Roche and What It Means for the Bayh-Dole Act and Contractors," Speaker: Jonathan M. Baker.
- "Suspension & Debarment," Co-Speakers: Angela Styles, Shauna Alonge, and Richard Arnholt.
- "The Conflicting Evolution of the Procurement Integrity Act," Speaker: James G. Peyster.
- "Top Labor and Employments Issues For Government Contractors in 2012 and Beyond," Co-Speakers: Jeff Pagano, Ellen Dwyer, Kris Meade, Rebecca Springer.
For further information, including the full agenda, please click on the official event site below.
Official Event Site