Honor Costello is an associate in Crowell & Moring's New York office. Her practice focuses on litigating complex insurance/reinsurance, health care, antitrust, intellectual property, and commercial disputes, including class actions and multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceedings. She has represented insurers, reinsurers, managed care organizations, financial institutions, and pharmaceutical companies in state and federal litigations and arbitrations.
Recent matters include:
- Defending Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies in national and statewide class actions asserting antitrust claims.
- Defending WellPoint in Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation.
- Representing a U.S. reinsurance company in litigations relating to underlying asbestos and environmental losses.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving generic drugs.
- Representing a leading marketing and communications agency in a dispute with former employees regarding violation of nonsolicitation covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Honor's intellectual property work includes handling matters related to patent infringement and trademark litigation, as well as trademark opposition proceedings with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). She also advises clients concerning intellectual property procurement and enforcement strategies. Her procurement work encompasses drafting and prosecuting trademark applications for clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, and marketing, as well as many pro bono clients.
Honor received her J.D. from Cornell Law School in 2011. While in law school, she served as a managing editor of the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Charles J. Siragusa, U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. Honor graduated cum laude from Wellesley College with a B.A. in English.
Admitted to practice: Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, New Jersey
New York Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
Speeches & Presentations
Client Alerts & Newsletters