The hospitality industry—one of the most dynamic industries within the global marketplace—is facing new and growing opportunities, challenges, and risks as the business of hospitality becomes increasingly sophisticated and innovative and as competition intensifies across the world, from developed to emerging markets. Crowell & Moring's Hospitality Practice understands these issues as a result of our longstanding relationships with many of the leading companies within the industry and our commitment to staying in front of developing trends.
Throughout the world, Crowell & Moring's Hospitality Practice focuses on complex domestic and cross-border disputes and corporate and regulatory counseling on behalf of the leading industry players. Our multi-disciplinary team advises companies on a full range of industry-related business, development, and operational concerns, ranging from deal structuring and licensing agreements to management agreements and regulatory compliance. We are also continually focused on the most cutting-edge, technology-related issues facing our hospitality clients, including the use and ramifications of social media, digital platforms and mobile applications. With dedicated practitioners in offices across the U.S., Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa, our practice includes experienced advisers covering all aspects of the hospitality business, including litigation and international arbitration, cybersecurity and privacy, intellectual property, corporate, labor and employment, tax, antitrust, and bankruptcy.
Hospitality Litigation and Disputes Practice
Our practice includes advising and representing clients regarding:
- Management agreement disputes
- Disputes relating to construction and development
- Disputes relating to service agreements
- Antitrust claims and disputes
- Labor and employment matters, including employee benefits disputes
- Government contracts and regulatory matters
- General commercial disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
Hospitality Counseling Practice
Our practice includes counseling clients with respect to:
- Commercial agreements, including management, franchising, financing, and licensing agreements
- General corporate, franchise and real estate matters
- Operational issues
- Cybersecurity, privacy, and intellectual property matters
- Labor and employment issues
- Operator-owner relations
- Government investigations and competitor conduct
- Advertising and product risk management
- Revenue management
- Tax, bankruptcy, and restructuring
- Emerging technologies, including social media, digital platforms and mobile applications
Just in the past few years, we have been involved in several high-value domestic and international disputes, both litigation and arbitration, for key industry players ranging from management agreement and business disputes, to antitrust matters and employee benefits litigation. We also advise these same players in connection with major industry developments, including government investigations into proposed mergers and acquisitions. Crowell & Moring's Hospitality Practice is unique in that we not only represent our clients in defense of claims, but also assist our clients in generating significant revenue, including by representing them as plaintiffs in antitrust recovery matters.
Our practice expands beyond multinational hotel brands and involves representation of hotel owners, service providers, restaurant developers, casino and betting services operators, and online travel agencies.
Our representative clients include:
- Avendra LLC
- Best Western International, Inc.
- Brand USA
- Club Quarters
- Crestline Hotels and Resorts
- European Betting and Gaming Alliance
- Hilton Hotels and Resorts
- Hyatt Corporation
- Luxury Hotels International
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Pegasus Financial Services
- Renaissance Hotels International
- Ritz Carlton
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- M.Y. China