Legal 500 EMEA Recommends Crowell & Moring in Seven Practice Areas
Washington, D.C. - May 2, 2007: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce that the firm's Brussels office has been ranked as a "recommended" law firm in seven practice areas by the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East, and Africa 2007 edition. The practice areas include:
- Competition (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner - Werner Berg; Associate - Volker Soyez; Associate - Jan Lohrberg)
- Corporate and M&A (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyer: Partner - Emmanuel Gybels)
- Customs, Trade, WTO and Anti-dumping (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyer: Partner - Robert M. MacLean)
- EU Regulatory
- Information Technology (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner - Thomas De Meese; Associate - Christoph De Preter)
- Intellectual Property (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner - Kristof Roox; Associate - Benito Boone)
- Media and Entertainment (Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner - Thomas De Meese; Associate - Christoph De Preter)
Legal 500 is known as one of the definitive guides to the legal market in more than 90 countries. The guide's editorial-driven rankings are based on the opinions of the editors and research they conduct with competitors, peers, and clients. You can view the country chapters and recommendations online at: www.legal500.com.
The firm's Corporate Group was also recently ranked in the 2007 Legal 500 U.S.-Volume I (Corporate and Finance) book for its mergers and acquisitions work, and the firm's Intellectual Property Group was ranked in the 2007 Legal 500 U.S.-Volume II (Intellectual Property, Media, Technology, and Telecoms) in the categories of IP: non-contentious/transactional - Patent Re-examination and IP: non-contentious/transactional - Patent Prosecution: International Clients.
Crowell & Moring LLP is a full-service law firm with nearly 350 lawyers practicing in litigation, antitrust, government contracts, corporate, intellectual property and more than 40 other practice areas. More than two-thirds of the firm's lawyers regularly litigate disputes on behalf of domestic and international corporations, start-up businesses, and individuals. Crowell & Moring's extensive client work ranges from advising on one of the world's largest telecommunications mergers to representing governments and corporations on international arbitration matters. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm also has offices in California, New York, London, and Brussels.