SCC Conference on International Arbitration Involving Parties from the Arab World
October 23, 2008
The Arab countries are experiencing a remarkable economic growth. This applies not only to the oil rich countries in the region, but also generally to the Arab World. Along with economic growth, however, there is a rapid increase in disputes. The Arab World will thus play a major role in international arbitration in the coming years.
The Conference will deal with critical issues in international arbitration involving parties from the Arab World.
• What are the options in the Arab countries and outside of them?
• How do courts in the Arab countries deal with arbitral agreements, arbitrability issues, and enforcement of awards?
• What are the arbitral procedures?
• How is investment arbitration dealt with?
• Which are the favoured venues outside the Arab countries and what factors determine the choice of arbitration.
For more information, please visit these areas: