Export Controls, Economic and Trade Sanctions: The Challenges and Risks
September 23, 2015
Starts: 1:00 PM (Eastern)
Ends: 2:30 PM (Eastern)
The United States maintains a complex system of controls over the exportation of U.S.-origin goods, services, software and technology—creating challenges and heightened compliance risks for companies with an international footprint.
This 90-minute Thompson Information Services webinar will provide an overview of the two primary sets of regulations governing exports: the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It will also cover country-specific and non-country specific regulations pertaining to economic trade sanctions and embargoes promulgated in the interest of U.S. foreign policy and national security.
In addition to describing how these export control regimes are likely to apply to companies with international supply chains and/or international sales, the webinar will provide practical guidance on steps companies can take to evaluate and minimize the risk of enforcement actions.
- Gain a high-level understanding of U.S. export controls, focusing on the EAR and the ITAR, including what items are covered under each regime, and their basic rules, restrictions and exceptions.
- Become familiar with the on-going export control reform effort, and learn what to expect as that reform effort continues to move forward.
- Develop a basic understanding of U.S. sanctions programs and the financial and reputational risks they pose to U.S. government contractors.
- Identify the principal changes in the ever-fluctuating landscape of U.S. sanctions programs...
- Learn how your company can proactively identify areas of high risk, as well as develop or improve its compliance program to minimize that risk.
- And more...
The webinar will also include an interactive question-and-answer session so you can discuss specific issues and gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is a must for contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants, manufacturers and counsel who wish to enhance their understanding and handling of export control rules, rights and issues. Get ahead of the curve — register your team today!
Official Event Site
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)