Fostering Innovative Digital Health Strategies Conference, Presented by Accenture and Crowell & Moring
June 23, 2016
Starts: 9:30 AM (EST)
Ends: 5:00 PM (EST)
Site: Crowell & Moring LLP
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004
For updates on these important issues please check out the following links:
Relevant Reference Documents:
Please join us for the “Fostering Innovative Digital Health Strategies” conference on June 23, 2016, hosted by Accenture and Crowell & Moring. This intimate and interactive event will bridge the intersection of business, legal, and policy issues that innovative companies face in developing and integrating successful digital health tools and platforms. Our panelists will discuss their experiences on how to navigate both the risks and opportunities involved in these new health care tools and strategies.
The digital health landscape is dramatically changing as new tools and platforms are emerging to provide services to individuals in the home, remotely monitor care, connect different sources of health care data, and use data to improve knowledge and support precision medicine. These tools and platforms are becoming more important as payers are shifting to value-based payment and health care providers are becoming more accountable for health care outcomes. This timely conference will address the critical and changing business and legal dynamics that the health care industry must navigate as they seek to develop and leverage these new tools and platforms, and identify pathways for success in the new health care economy.
Lawyers, business advisors, and thought leaders from across the industry and government will share their perspectives and insights on:
- Predicted trends and innovations in digital health and health care Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cybersecurity and privacy for digital health tools and information
- Business and legal considerations in establishing a successful digital health platform
- Pending legislation and regulations that may impact core strategic and investment decisions to be made now by health care providers, health plans, and technology companies
- New payment models and data sources for greater coordination and quality of care and improved cost-efficiency
This dynamic and practical one-day conference will be directed at a mix of both business and legal professionals looking for innovative ways to address some traditional legal and regulatory hurdles. Whether a provider, payer, technology company, or policy maker, your organization will benefit from the enhanced understanding you will gain from this conference with respect to the digital health world, its risks, and its opportunities for success.
- John Brennan, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Zane Burke, President, Cerner
- Jodi Daniel, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Cheri Falvey, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- James Flood, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Melissa M. Goldstein, JD, Assistant Director for Bioethics and Privacy, Office of Science and Technology Policy of the President, The White House
- Aimee Grace, CONNECT for Health Act Lead Staffer, Health Policy Advisor, Office of U.S. Senator Brian Schatz
- Cora Han, Senior Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Brett Meeks, Health Counsel, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP)
- James (J.P.) Paluskiewicz, Professional Staff Member, Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Energy & Commerce
- Bakul Patel, Associate Director for Digital Health, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food & Drug Administration
- Dr. Elizabeth Raitz-Cowboy, Southeast Medical Director, Aetna Life Insurance Company
- Barbara Ryland, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring
- Kaveh Safavi, Senior Managing Director, Global Health Industry Lead, Accenture
- Anna Shimanek, Senior Legal Counsel, CVS Health
- Soph Sophocles, Associate General Counsel, Biogen Idec Inc.
- Paul L. Uhrig, EVP, Chief Administrative, Legal, & Privacy Officer, Surescripts
- Hilary Weckstein, Chief Privacy Officer, Inovalon, Inc.
- Ronan Wisdom, Managing Director, Accenture Digital
- Evan Wolff, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Arielle Woronoff, Health Counsel, Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Energy & Commerce
- Fauzia Zaman-Malik, Managing Director, Legal Global Health Transactions, Accenture
For more information, please visit these areas: