Benzene Litigation Conference
June 12 - 13, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
Why you should attend …
Although benzene lawsuits have been around for decades, recent events like the $13.3 million verdict against BP Amoco in its first of 25 lawsuits, 9-11 plaintiffs suing the EPA for benzene in the air, and benzene allegedly contained in soft drinks have trial lawyers ready to take the fight to the next level.
Mealey’s Benzene Litigation Conference combines unique sessions and diverse speakers to help you apply recent decisions on causation to your own case work, gain an expert-testimony edge on your opponents and get an up-to-the-minute look at the controversial medical and scientific issues that can make or break your cases.
How you’ll benefit …
- Identify case screening best practices for both sides of the bar
- Learn standards of proof for medical causation in non-Daubert jurisdictions
- Fine-tune your non-traditional benzene cases as two scientists dissect chromosome abnormalities
- Earn all-important CLE ethics credits while exploring ethical considerations for naming defendants in toxic tort cases
- Secure the expert testimony you need to bolster your case theories with a practical mock examination of an expert
Who you’ll network with …
- Plaintiff and defense attorneys
- In-house counsel
- Physicians and scientists
- And other experts in benzene litigation
Conference networking events make it easy for you to devise strategies with fellow attorneys and build your prospect list. Whether at breakfast, lunch, or the sponsored networking reception, you’ll have ample opportunities to generate business and discuss litigation trends.
Clifford Zatz will be participating in a panel discussion, Case Screening Issues in Benzene Litigation, which will focus on appropriate case screening concerns for both sides of the bar; how do plaintiffs put their best case forward?; which types of benzene cases presented concern the defense the most?
Official Event Site
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)