4th Annual Homeland Security Contracting Opportunities Conference - First Responders: Critical Solutions at Local, City, State and Federal Levels
May 10 - 12, 2006
Featuring BNA's Landmark DHS All-Stars Panel and Unprecedented Access to Top Government Decision-makers
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) provides a funding pipeline from the federal government through established channels to authorities at local, city, and state levels. Billions of dollars have been made available to local jurisdictions since the attacks of 9/11, and in the aftermath of more recent natural disasters such as hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Indeed, natural disasters – in addition to destroying lives, livelihoods, and property on a nearly unimaginable scale – also have pointed out weaknesses in the emergency and first response capabilities of agencies and programs serving the vast spectrum of homeland security needs. While programs managed by DHS continue to evolve and represent significant opportunity to the private sector, focus has continued to move in the direction of first responders and local infrastructure.
Homeland security experts who plan to participate include:
- Top CIOs and other senior executives from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) outlining planned spending, contracting procedures, and new opportunities in the war against terrorism
- Top active and retired military experts working with the private sector to speed solutions to the field
- Key local leaders and first responders charged with making sure that all elements of emergency preparedness are in fact in place
- Expert thought leaders and attorneys on new and evolving legal requirements and interpretations that have an impact on contracting with DHS and local, state, and government entities
- Congressional staffers with direct advisories on key issues and funding priorities for local and state activities
- CEOs and other top executives at companies who are leading the charge in the development and implementation of new technologies, products, and services for the war against terror and who have competed successfully in the homeland security contracting process
David Bodenheimer will be a featured speaker at this three-day event.
Official Event Site
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)