Matthew J. McBurney is an Antitrust Group counsel in Crowell & Moring's Washington, D.C. office. His practice involves litigating complex antitrust cases at both the trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts throughout the country. Matt has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in such cases. His practice also involves representing agricultural cooperatives and companies in matters related to antitrust immunities, including the antitrust exemption of the Capper-Volstead Act, 7 U.S.C. § 291.
Matt also maintains an active pro bono docket, representing clients in asylum and other immigration matters.
Matt received his J.D., with honors, in 2003 from the George Washington University School of Law where he was a member of the George Washington Law Review. He graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame in 2000 with a B.A. in government. Matt is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and the State of Rhode Island.
While in law school, Matt interned for the Honorable Royce C. Lamberth, United States District Judge for the District of Columbia.
- In re Cathode Ray Tubes Antitrust Litigation. Represent a number of antitrust plaintiffs in price-fixing litigations brought against manufacturers of cathode ray tubes.
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation. Represent a group of 12 antitrust plaintiffs – including Motorola Mobility, AT&T Mobility, Sears, Kmart, Target, RadioShack, ViewSonic, Jaco Electronics, Old Comp (Comp USA claims), The Good Guys, Newegg, and Rockwell Automation – in price-fixing litigations brought against manufacturers of liquid crystal displays.
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation. Represent a number of antitrust plaintiffs in price-fixing litigations brought against manufacturers of optical disk drives.
- In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation. Represent Oracle America (formerly Sun Microsystems) as an antitrust plaintiff in two separate price-fixing litigations brought against manufacturers of dynamic random access memory.
- In re Electrical Carbon Products Antitrust Litigation. Represent a group of 12 antitrust plaintiffs – including A.O. Smith, Baldor Electric, Delphi, Emerson Electric, Fasco Industries, Rockwell Automation, Robert Bosch, Siemens Transportation Systems, Valeo, and Visteon – in price-fixing litigation against manufacturers of electrical carbon products.
- In re Fresh and Process Potatoes Antitrust Litigation. Defend the largest marketer of potatoes in the United States in a multidistrict litigation alleging a price-fixing conspiracy in the potato industry.
- In re Processed Eggs Products Antitrust Litigation. Defend one of the largest egg producers in the United States in a multidistrict litigation alleging a price-fixing conspiracy in the egg industry.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Rhode Island, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Client Alerts & Newsletters
Firm News & Announcements