UK Legal 500 2008 Recommends Crowell & Moring in Four Practice Areas
Washington, D.C. - October 15, 2008: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce that the firm's London office has been ranked as a "recommended" law firm in four practice areas by the UK Legal 500 2008 edition. The practice areas include:
- London: (Tier 1) Corporate and Commercial - Customs & Excise (Recognized lawyers: Partner - Peter Kiernan; Partner - Gerallt Owen)
- London: (Tier 5) Crime, Fraud and Licensing: Fraud: Commercial and Regulatory Investigations (Recognized lawyer: Partner - Gerallt Owen)
- London: (Tier 3) Crime, Fraud and Licensing : Fraud: Crime (Recognized lawyers: Partner - Peter Kiernan; Partner - Gerallt Owen)
- Cardiff: (Tier 1) Crime, Fraud and Licensing (Recognized lawyer: Partner - Gerallt Owen)
In addition, London-based partner Nilam Sharma, a member of the firm's Insurance/Reinsurance Group, was recognized as a leading individual in the following London sections:
- Insurance: Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation
- Insurance: Professional Negligence
The UK Legal 500 is considered the authoritative guide to the UK's leading law firms. The annual guide offers a complete listing of over 800 commercial law firms in the UK, and over 16,000 lawyers, and provides a detailed qualitative review of each firm in over 100 specialist practice areas. You can view the guide online here: http://www.legal500.com/books/l500.
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with more than 450 lawyers practicing in litigation, antitrust, government contracts, health care, corporate, intellectual property and a variety of other practice areas. More than two-thirds of the firm's attorneys regularly litigate disputes on behalf of domestic and international corporations, start-up businesses, and individuals. Crowell & Moring's extensive client work ranges from advising on one of the world's largest telecommunications mergers to representing governments and corporations on international arbitration matters. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm also has offices in New York, London, Brussels, Los Angeles, and Irvine, CA.