Nightingale's Healthcare News Names James R. Stuart an "Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyer"
Washington, D.C. - October 1, 2009: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce that James R. Stuart, partner and chair of the firm's Corporate Group, has been named to Nightingale's Healthcare News' 2009 list of "Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyers." The honor recognizes exceptional lawyers practicing in healthcare transactional law nationwide. Nightingale's Healthcare News is a newsletter for professionals serving the healthcare industry, healthcare executives, and others interested in this dynamic and complex industry. The list is featured in Nightingale's October 2009 newsletter.
Nightingale's selected Stuart for his work leading recent healthcare transactions including:
- Aetna Inc.'s ten year strategic alliance and commercial arrangement with AARP
- Aetna Inc.’s approximately $400 million acquisition of ActiveHealth Management
- Ingenix Inc.’s, a subsidiary of United Health Group, joint venture with Affiliated Computer Systems
- Aetna Inc’s specialty pharmacy joint venture with Priority Healthcare Corporation
Additionally, Nightingale's notes that Stuart represents a major trade association in a national initiative to bring improved access to comprehensive health benefits to association members and their millions of employees across the country.
Stuart concentrates his practice on mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, and debt and equity financing transactions, including private placements, venture capital investments and secured credit facilities. He also has extensive experience negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial and corporate contracts, including technology licensing, development and collaboration agreements, large scale IT hardware and software procurement agreements, management agreements, supply, distribution and manufacturing agreements, shareholder and LLC operating agreements, teaming, partnership and alliance agreements, and system integration and outsourcing arrangement s.
Additional Crowell & Moring lawyers that have been recognized by Nightingale's Healthcare News include:
- 2003 Outstanding Healthcare Litigator - David W. O'Brien
- 2004 Outstanding Fraud & Compliance Lawyers - Robert (Bob) L. Roth
- 2004 Outstanding Hospital Lawyer - John T. Brennan Jr.
- 2005 Outstanding Hospital Lawyer - Arthur N. Lerner
- 2006 Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer - Arthur N. Lerner
- 2006 Outstanding Healthcare Litigator - Robert (Bob) L. Roth
- 2006 Outstanding Young Healthcare Lawyers - Michael W. Paddock
- 2007 Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer - Arthur N. Lerner
- 2008 Outstanding Healthcare Fraud & Compliance Lawyer - Kathleen M. Stratton
- 2009 Outstanding Healthcare Fraud & Compliance Lawyer - John T. Brennan Jr.
- 2009 Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer - Christine L. White
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with 500 lawyers representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matter s. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high stakes litigation, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. The firm has offices in Washington, DC, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, Anchorage, London, and Brussels.
Director of PR, Media and Communication