Legal 500 EMEA Recommends Crowell & Moring in Seven Practice Areas and Names Three Attorneys to Elite List
Washington, D.C. – April 1, 2013: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce that seven practice areas and 14 attorneys in its Brussels office were recognized by the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) 2013 edition. Among the attorneys recognized, three were listed in the elite "Leading Lawyers" category, up from two attorneys listed in 2012; eleven attorneys were recognized among the practice groups, an increase from seven last year; and the firm was recognized in seven practice area categories, an increase from six in 2012. The prestigious rankings are driven by independent interviews of clients and peer law firms.
The 2013 Legal 500 EMEA ranks Crowell & Moring in the following areas:
- Information Technology (tier 1) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner – Thomas De Meese; Partner – Flip Petillion
- Intellectual Property (tier 1) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner – Flip Petillion; Partner – Kristof Roox; Associate – Jan Janssen
- Media and Entertainment (tier 1) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner – Flip Petillion; Partner – Thomas De Meese; Counsel – Jan-Diederik Lindemans
- Customs, Trade, WTO and Anti-dumping (tier 3) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyer: Partner – Laurent Ruessmann
- Competition (tier 4) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner – Werner Berg; Partner – Sean-Paul Brankin; Partner – Thomas De Meese
- Labour & Employment (tier 4) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyer: Counsel – Emmanuel Plasschaert
- Corporate and M&A (tier 5) – Recognized Crowell & Moring lawyers: Partner – Emmanuel Gybels; Counsel – Frederik Van Remoortel; Counsel – Emmanuel Plasschaert
Additionally, three lawyers have been named to Legal 500 EMEA's elite "Leading lawyers" list:
- Partner Thomas De Meese: Information Technology
- Partner Flip Petillion: Intellectual Property
- Partner – Kristof Roox; Intellectual Property
Click here to view the Legal 500 EMEA rankings and editorial write-ups on Crowell & Moring.
Legal 500 is known as one of the definitive guides to the legal market in more than 90 countries. The guide's editorial-driven rankings are based on the opinions of the editors and research they conduct with competitors, peers, and clients. You can view the country chapters and recommendations online at: www.legal500.com.
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity.
PR & Internal Communications Specialist