Crowell & Moring Elects 16 New Counsel
Washington, D.C. – January 1, 2005: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce the election of 16 new counsel, effective Jan. 1, 2005.
"These promotions reflect the value the firm places on the high quality and productive work of these individuals during their tenure here," C&M Chairman John Macleod said. "We extend congratulations to each of them." The new counsel are:
- Adriaen M. Morse Jr. – Mr. Morse is a member of the Securities Regulation and Enforcement practice group. His practice focuses on securities enforcement defense, securities litigation, and regulatory counseling. Mr. Morse represents public companies, individuals, and entities in investigations before the Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal and state regulatory agencies. He also represents clients in litigation, arbitration, criminal grand jury investigations, and other white collar criminal matters involving the securities laws.
- Gloria Martinez Trattles – Ms. Martinez Trattles is a member of the Litigation practice group. Her practice focuses predominantly on serving as national counsel for a multinational corporation in connection with the company's premises liability litigatio n.
- Kirsten L. Nathanson – Ms. Nathanson is a member of the Natural Resources and Environmental practice group. Her practice primarily involves litigation and regulatory counseling under all major federal environmental and public lands statutes, with particular focus on the Clean Water Act.
- James W. Reed – Mr. Reed is a member of the International practice group. His practice concentrates on national security issues, including U.S. export controls on both military and commercial products and technology.
- Brian M. Russ – Mr. Russ is a member of the Government Contracts practice group. His practice primarily involves government contracts litigation and counseling, as well as general business litigation and commercial contracts matters. He works in the firm's Irvine, Calif., office.
- Jennifer R. Devery – Ms. Devery is a member of the Insurance practice group. Her practice focuses on counseling and representing insurance carriers in coverage disputes concerning many issues, including products liability, asbestos and environmental claims.
- J. Chris Haile – Mr. Haile is a member of the Government Contracts practice group. He represents clients in litigation and provides counseling on matters such as procurement procedures and protests, changes to government contracts, contract termination, prime contractor-subcontractor disputes, rights in intellectual property, suspensions and debarments, defective pricing and related cost issues, and criminal and civil fraud actions.
- J. Catherine Kunz – Ms. Kunz is a member of the Government Contracts practice group. Her practice involves counseling and litigating on behalf of government
contractors on matters involving regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, purchasing and subcontracting, and cost accounting issues.
- Amy E. Laderberg – Ms. Laderberg is a member of the Government Contracts practice group. Her practice primarily involves government contracts counseling, claims, and litigation, with a focus on bid protests and A-76 contracting and competitive sourcing.
- Katherine J. Nesbitt – Ms. Nesbitt is a member of the Litigation group. Ms. Nesbitt's practice areas include criminal, tort, constitutional and international law, and she has worked on several cross-border disputes involving both private corporations and governmental bodies and agencies.
- Peter Sellar – Mr. Sellar is a member of the International practice group working in the Brussels office. His practice primarily focuses on matters of international trade law and policy, trade associations and the European Union decision-making procedure.
- Shari Ross Lahlou – Ms. Lahlou is a member of the Antitrust and Litigation practice groups. Her practice focuses on complex commercial and antitrust litigation, including class actions and multi-district litigation. Ms. Lahlou also represents victims of terrorism in pursuing claims against foreign states under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, and government officials who are sued in their individual capacities for alleged constitutional violations.
- Theresa C. Lopez – Ms. Lopez is a member of the Construction and Litigation practice groups. She focuses her practice on commercial construction litigation, credit reporting litigation, and general business litigation. Ms. Lopez works in our Irvine, Calif., office.
- William M. Mann – Mr. Mann is a member of the White Collar Defense group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of securities enforcement, arbitration and litigation, as well as criminal grand jury investigations and other white collar matters.
- Rebecca L. Springer – Ms. Springer focuses on labor and employment litigation and counseling, as well as general business litigation.
- Michael G. Van Arsdall – Mr. Van Arsdall is a member of the Antitrust practice group. He advises clients on compliance with a variety of antitrust laws and counseling on competition issues associated with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and LLCs.
Crowell & Moring is a full- service law firm of ever- growing foresight. With more than 300 attorneys armed with experience in more than 40 diverse practice areas, Crowell & Moring's client base and expertise reflect a broad spectrum of industries. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm also has offices in Brussels, California and London.
Director of PR, Media and Communication