Crowell & Moring Announces Election of Nine Lawyers to Partner and Counsel
Washington, D.C. – January 9, 2007
: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce it has elected two lawyers to the firm's partnership effective January 1, 2007. It has also promoted seven associates to the position of counsel. The new partners and counsel have been promoted from within the ranks of the firm's Washington, D.C., Brussels, and London offices.
"We extend a heartfelt congratulations to our new partners and counsel on their new positions. We are proud of their accomplishments in advancing through the ranks of the firm. We wish them continued success and are confident that our clients will continue to benefit from their exemplary service," said Crowell & Moring Chairman Kent A Gardiner.
The new partners are:
- Bridget E. Calhoun is a member of the firm's Antitrust Group and a resident in the Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on antitrust law, consumer protection, and product risk management issues. Calhoun's antitrust practice involves counseling and representing clients across a wide range of matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cartel investigations, and complex civil litigation. She also has particular experience in counseling corporate clients on price discrimination and distribution law such as discount programs, exclusivity, aftermarket policies, and dealer relations. Calhoun co-chairs the firm's Product Risk Management practice, and advises on the full array of product safety issues that bring Crowell & Moring clients before consumer regulatory agencies in the United States and worldwide.
- Stephen W. Palan is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Group and a resident in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and counseling, including world-wide strategic patent procurement and licensing, as well as trade secret protection.
Firm associates promoted to counsel include:
- Gaela Bailey (London);
- Jean M. Baxley (Washington, D.C.);
- Jennifer G. Knight (Washington, D.C.);
- Michael W. Paddock (Washington, D.C.);
- Emmanuel Plasschaert (Brussels);
- Traci L. Rodriguez (Washington, D.C.); and
- Ryan C. Tisch (Washington, D.C.).
Crowell & Moring LLP is a full-service law firm with nearly 350 lawyers practicing in litigation, antitrust, government contracts, corporate, intellectual property and more than 40 other practice areas. More than two- thirds of the firm's lawyers regularly litigate disputes on behalf of domestic and international corporations, start-up businesses, and individuals. Crowell & Moring's extensive client work ranges from advising on one of the world's largest telecommunications mergers to representing governments and corporations on international arbitration matters. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm also has offices in California, New York, London, and Brussels.