Crowell & Moring Announces Election of 13 Lawyers to Partner and Counsel
Washington, D.C. – January 4, 2006: Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce the election of six new partners and seven counsel, effective January 1, 2006. The new partners and counsel have been promoted from within the ranks of the firm's Washington, D.C., Brussels, and California offices.
“This is an outstanding group of lawyers who share our passion for superior client work and for upholding Crowell & Moring's values. We extend a hearty congratulations to each of them and are proud to know that our clients will continue to benefit from their exemplary service,“ said Crowell & Moring Chairman John Macleod.
The new partners are:
- Benjamin T. Butler is a member of the firm's Health Care Group and resident in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on health information privacy, HIPAA, health information technology, fraud and abuse, and state and federal regulatory compliance. Butler advises clients across the health care industry including health care providers, health plans, Medicare contractors, and professional medical associations.
- Daniel R. Forman is a member of the firm's Government Contracts Group and resident in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on a wide variety of government procurement law, including bid protests, False Claims Act and qui tam litigation, investigations of potential civil and criminal matters, contract claims and disputes, GSA schedule contracting, and small disadvantaged business contracting.
- Andy Liu is member of the firm's Government Contracts, Litigation, and White Collar Defense groups and resident in the Washington, D.C. office. A former Trial Attorney with the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division, Liu represents corporate and individual clients in all phases of criminal and civil matters including internal investigations, compliance counseling, federal grand jury investigations, False Claims Act and qui tam litigation, and other complex civil litigation and criminal proceedings.
- Jonathan H. Pittman is member of the firm's Insurance and Litigation groups and is resident in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on representing and counseling insurers regarding environmental, asbestos, long-term exposure and other complex coverage issues at the trial and appellate levels. In addition, Pittman also represents manufacturers and other parties in product liability and general commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
- Alex E. Sadler is a member of the firm's Tax Group and a resident in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on the representation of taxpayers in litigation with the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and federal appellate and district courts. He also handles pre-litigation tax controversies before the Examination Division and Appeals Office of the Internal Revenue Service. Sadler was formerly a Trial Attorney with the Department of Justice's Tax Division, where he litigated tax cases in the federal district and bankruptcy courts and received the Attorney General's Distinguished Service Award for his work in high profile tax shelter litigation.
- Daniel A. Sasse is a member of the firm's Antitrust Group and a resident in the Irvine, California office. He focuses his practice on antitrust law, including antitrust litigation, government investigations, defending mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, and antitrust compliance issues. His antitrust cartel litigation work includes representing clients in criminal investigations and civil litigation, as well as representing Fortune 500 companies as plaintiffs in recovery actions when they have been the victim of price-fixing cartels.
Firm associates promoted to counsel include: Karen C. Hermann (Washington, D.C.); Jonathan M. Lindsay (California); Christopher McWhinney (Washington, D.C.); Linda B. Popejoy (Washington, D.C.); Mark A. Ringel (Washington, D.C.); Glenn A. Rowley (California); and Frederik Van Remoortel (Brussels).
Crowell & Moring LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 300 attorneys practicing in litigation, antitrust, government contracts, corporate, intellectual property and more than 40 other practice areas. More than two-thirds of the firm's attorneys regularly litigate disputes on behalf of domestic and international corporations, start-up businesses, and individuals. Crowell & Moring's extensive client work ranges from advising on one of the world's largest telecommunications mergers to representing governments and corporations on international arbitration matters. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm also has offices in Brussels, California and London.