Managed Care Litigation Developments: Legal and Practical Considerations for Health Plans and Providers
March 20, 2007
The teleconference will discuss the legal and practical implications of litigation developments impacting plans and insurers. Specifically, it will discuss the following:
Class Action Suits
a. What are the latest developments regarding Provider Class Action Suits vs. Managed Care?
b. What are the immediate results of the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005?
c. What to do now that enforceability of arbitration provisions comes to forefront?
Non-Participating Provider Lawsuits: What are the issues?
a. State statutory obligations
- Should you create a contractual relationship?
- Is this part of implied contractual relationship?
- Prospect v. Northridge and Foundation v. Westside.
b. What are appropriate levels of reimbursement (Merkle v. Health Options)?
Upsurge in Federal Healthcare Programs Litigation
a. Medicare Advantage and Part D
- Developments regarding appropriate causes of action under admin appeals processes.
- Who is the party-in-interest?
Other items of interest.
Crowell & Moring's Julie Barnes and Michael Paddock will be two of the three presenters.
Official Event Site