Simon Evers is a partner in Crowell & Moring’s London office and a member of the Corporate Group. He has advised large corporations on a variety of significant cross-border M&A, joint venture, and other strategic corporate transactions. He also regularly advises clients on corporate governance, compliance, and general corporate matters.
- Technip on its $13 billion merger with FMC Technologies.
- A.P.Moller – Maersk A/S on the establishment of its “2M” alliance with MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company and its aborted “P3” alliance with MSC and CMA CGM.
- TeliaSonera on the $1 billion sale of its holding in Nepalese telecom operator Ncell to Axiata.
- GO Scale Capital investor consortium on its acquisition of an 80.1 percent interest in Lumileds from Philips.
- Verisk Analytics on its £1.85 billion acquisition of Wood Mackenzie from Hellman & Friedman and others.
- Morgan Stanley on the sale of its global oil merchanting business to Rosneft.
- Tele2 AB on the $3.55 billion sale of its Russian operations to VTB Group.
- Guggenheim on various transactions.
- The French Government on the proposed BAE-EADS merger.
- Delonex Energy on a $600 million investment by Warburg Pincus.
- Premier Oil on its acquisition of Encore Oil.
- Bunzl on its sale of Bunzl Vending Services to Autobar UK.
- Ineos on the acquisition from Tessenderlo of its chlor-vinyls business.
- Unilever on the sale of Sanex to Colgate-Palmolive.
- Centrica on the sell down of its investments in a number of U.K. wind farms.
- The Winding-up Board of Glitnir Bank on its restructuring.
- Numerous capital markets transactions, including the initial public offering of Fidelity China Situations and a placing and open offer of 3i Infrastructure.
Admitted to practice: Solicitor, England and Wales in 2007
Firm News & Announcements