Gary A. Stahl is a counsel to the firm and practices in its New York office. Gary is a trial lawyer with substantial experience litigating complex commercial matters. He has litigated cases in federal and state courts, and before arbitral panels throughout the country.
Gary concentrates his practice in the fields of intellectual property, complex commercial matters and real estate litigation. He has extensive experience representing clients in cases involving unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, breach of non-compete agreements and defamation. He regularly handles cases that involve multi-national commercial matters; partnership disputes; real property and construction cases; creditors' rights before bankruptcy courts; and foreclosure involving CMBS servicers.
Recent representations include:
- Product liability litigation involving mobile devices and obtaining federal jurisdiction over foreign component manufactures.
- Suit for enforcement of nationwide air transport and delivery contract and reversal of antitrust "pass-on" analysis limiting damages.
- Litigation to enforce rights under a multinational agency agreement, resulting in an extraterritorial application of trademark rights under the Lanham Act.
- Unfair competition litigation in the international logistics field against a domestic company and its foreign parent based on misappropriation of electronic data.
- Defense of a client's rights to utilize software in copyright litigation.
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral award.
- Defense of class action asserting joint-employer, WARN Act, ERISA and FLSA claims, with de-certification of the plaintiff class.
- Litigation to enforce Medicare coverage rights for durable medical equipment designed for persons with profound vision loss.
Gary counsels the firm's clients in formulating strategies for commercial transactions, in the protection of proprietary information and in structuring commercial real estate matters. He also counsels the firm's clients concerning strategies to avoid litigation.
Gary received his Bachelor's degree from Johns Hopkins University and his J.D. degree from Fordham University School of Law, where he was a member of the National Moot Court Team. He is admitted to the New York State Bar, and is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York and the Northern District of Texas.
Admitted to practice: New York, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Client Alerts & Newsletters
Firm News & Announcements