Third Thursday Webinar: What Employers Need to Know Concerning the Obama Administration’s Labor Law Agenda
June 23, 2016
Starts: 2:00 PM (Eastern)
Ends: 3:00 PM (Eastern)
Please join us for the next edition of Third Thursday – Crowell & Moring’s Labor and Employment Update, a webinar series dedicated to helping our clients stay on top of developing law and emerging compliance issues.
There has been a flurry of enforcement activity by the Department of Labor (DOL) and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in recent months. These agencies have adopted an aggressive pro-union position in several areas of traditional labor law. The government’s agenda requires many employers to reconsider legal and operational strategies in response to organizing and other activity by labor unions. Examples include:
- The DOL’s controversial new “persuader” rule, imposing new employer reporting obligations;
- The NLRB’s continuing hostility toward mandatory arbitration of employment disputes;
- Application of the NLRB’s new joint-employer standard;
- The NLRB’s “ambush election rules,” which have been effective for one year;
- The NLRB’s new rule regarding the use of permanent replacement workers; and
- The NLRB General Counsel’s continued search for test cases to overturn long-standing precedent regarding employer rights in labor disputes.
Our panelists will review these developments and discuss the practical steps affected employers can adopt in response to the Administration’s regulatory agenda.
Please click here to view the on-demand version of this webcast.
You must complete the registration form in order to access.
Please click here to view the PowerPoint slides for this webinar.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: