SBA Opens the Floodgates: The New Government-wide Mentor-Protégé Program Webinar
August 4, 2016
Starts: 1:00 PM (Eastern)
Ends: 2:30 PM (Eastern)
On July 25, 2016, the SBA published the highly-anticipated final rule establishing a government-wide mentor-protégé program for the benefit of all small businesses, and changing certain provisions of the 8(a) business development program to harmonize the programs to the greatest extent possible. The government-wide program will significantly expand the pool of companies that can qualify as protégés and for which mentors have unique investment and joint venture opportunities to leverage on set-aside procurements. While this rule increases the opportunity for small and large businesses to partner with one another, it also imposes a complex regulatory scheme and establishes severe consequences for violations of SBA’s rules, mentor-protégé agreements, and/or joint venture agreements. For that reason, companies need to know what to expect and how to navigate the program requirements to most effectively reap the benefits.
Please join Crowell & Moring for a discussion of the following key areas:
Please click here to view the on-demand version of this webcast.
- The rules governing the new government-wide mentor-protégé program
- Eligibility requirements for mentors and protégés and to compete as joint ventures
- Changes to the 8(a) business development mentor-protégé program
- Impacts on other agencies’ existing mentor-protégé programs
- How to best prepare for the new mentor-protégé application process and anticipate the impact of the program on the procurement landscape
You must complete the registration form in order to access.
Please click here to view the PowerPoint slides for this webinar.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: