Exploring the New Safe Harbors and Stark Exceptions for E-prescribing and Electronic Health Record Arrangements: From the Basics to the Surprises
September 8 - 15, 2006
This teleconference series will discuss the final Safe Harbors and Stark Exceptions for e-prescribing and electronic health records that were published on August 8, 2006.
Part I (Intermediate) Friday, September 8, 2006
- Background on how and why the rules were developed
- What the rules provides
- How the final rules differ from rules proposed in October, 2005
Part II (Intermediate/Advanced) Friday, September 15, 2006
- What might an illustrative arrangement between a hospital and physicians look like from the perspective of counsel for each party
- What important compliance pitfalls can be avoided and what compliance insights into these rules require your attention
- What nuances and surprises can be found from an in-depth look at six drill-down issues
Crowell & Moring’s Ben Butler is part of the faculty of this AHLA teleconference.
Official Event Site