Commercial Contracting Compliance Conference
March 27 - 28, 2007
Learn how to stay compliant and competitive in a highly-scrutinized environment
With the US government purchasing $265 billion dollars worth of commercial goods and services in 2005 alone, government contracting can be extremely rewarding for many commercial companies. Yet, while the financial rewards can be great, many risks are associated with doing business with the federal government as well. For one, businesses must strictly adhere to a myriad of complicated rules and regulations or risk facing severe administrative, civil, and even criminal penalties. And, with audits on the rise, companies large and small are finding themselves the targets of grueling investigations and enforcement actions.
This American Conference Institute National Forum on Government Contracting Compliance for Commercial Companies will provide you with the critical information you need to set up effective internal controls to ensure your company’s government contract compliance while competing in the federal marketplace. Benefit from the practical perspective of seasoned in-house executives from Microsoft, Northrop Grumman, Nortel, Teledyne Technologies and many others. Get an update on enforcement priorities from senior government officials from the General Services Administration and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Plus, gain valuable insights on:
- Creating and enforcing an effective compliance program for your company
- Protecting your rights during a government audit
- Adhering to ethical standards while contracting with the federal government
- Ensuring compliance with domestic preference laws and the False Claims Act
- Understanding your options in the event of a dispute or contract termination
- Reducing the risks associated with subcontracting and teaming agreements
- Complying with socio-economic provisions in federal commercial contracting
- Negotiating favorable terms in your GSA Schedules contract
Crowell & Moring’s Terry Albertson will be speaking on the second day of the event. He will be speaking on Terminations and Disputes: How to Confront Adverse Actions and Come Out Ahead.
Official Event Site
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)