ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting 2009
April 14 - 18, 2009
ABA invites you to their special Spring Meeting, bringing together the world's leading international lawyers (including both in-house and outside counsel), academicians, and government officials from around the world and to network with members of ABA International. The meeting will offer:
- Over 80 substantive programs with world-class speakers
- Cutting edge programs on key issues and interest areas
- Meet with contemporaries from around the world on the latest legal, ethical and international issues
- Fulfill CLE requirements - earn an entire year’s worth of ethics/general credits
- Special programming for young lawyers and law students
Speakers: Mike Martinez is organizing a panel on "Compensating Victims of Terrorism With Monetary Payments -- An International Issue Searching For A Uniform Solution." Alex de Gramont is a panelist addressing "International Arbitration and U.S.-Style Litigation: Beauty and the Beast?", Stuart Newberger is a panelist addressing "The 2008 Amendments to the FSIA: Has Congress Gone Too Far or Not Far Enough?", Olivier Antoine is a panelist addressing "Comity in Practice" and Angela Styles is a panelist addressing "Contracts in Iraq - What Went Wrong & How Can We Fix It?"
Laurel Malson, Aryeh Portnoy, Lisa Savitt, Birgit Kurtz, Katherine Nesbitt, John Murino and David Bell are also attending.
Crowell & Moring is a sponsor of this event.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: