Samrah Mahmoud is an associate in Crowell & Moring's Orange County office and is a member of the firm's Antitrust and Litigation groups. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and antitrust recovery litigation. Samrah has significant experience litigating in both federal and state court, particularly in Southern California.
Before joining Crowell & Moring, Samrah clerked for the Honorable Josephine L. Staton of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Samrah graduated summa cum laude from the University of California, Irvine School of Law. She was a member of the school's inaugural class and a senior editor of the UC Irvine Law Review. During law school, Samrah externed for the Honorable Richard M. Aronson, California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division Three. Samrah graduated summa cum laude from Chapman University with a B.A. in psychology.
- Successfully defended a large healthcare plan as a member of a trial team in a two week jury trial in Los Angeles Superior Court that resulted in a complete defense verdict; defeated healthcare provider’s breach of contract, breach of the implied covenant, and fraud claims.
- Represented a commercial retailer in a trademark dispute in the United States District Court for the Central District of California that resulted in a favorable settlement before trial.
- Represented an insurer in a coverage and bad faith action in the United States District Court for the Central District of California and successfully settled the case before trial.
- Represented a tenant in a pro bono unlawful detainer action in Long Beach Superior Court and reached a favorable settlement before trial.
- Representing an international retailer in consumer class actions in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Representing an international hotel operator in a fraud and promissory estoppel action in Ventura County Superior Court.
- Representing a healthcare plan in a breach of contract and fraud action in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Admitted to practice: California
- Second Vice-President, UC Irvine School of Law Alumni Association
- Planning Committee Member, FBA OC Young Lawyers Division
- Public Law Center (PLC) Advocates (2014-2016)
Speeches & Presentations
"Judicial Clerkships," University of California, Irvine School of Law
Presenter: Samrah Mahmoud.
"Magistrate Judge Karen E. Scott," FBA/OC Newsletter
Authors: Tu-Quyen Pham and Samrah Mahmoud.
"Q&A with Magistrate Judge Douglas F. McCormick," Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter Newsletter, pg. 15-18
Co-Authors: Samrah Mahmoud and Brent Westcott.
"Determining the Appropriate Framework for Commuting Accommodations Under the Americans with Disabilities Act," 2 U.C. Irvine L. Rev. 1023
Author: Samrah Mahmoud.
In the News
Firm News & Announcements