Van Nguyen is a partner in the Commercial Litigation Group in the firm's Orange County office. Van's practice focuses on complex litigation. She has represented clients in trials and litigation involving healthcare, antitrust, product liability, unfair competition and false advertising, fraud, other business torts, and commercial litigation. Van represents clients as both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration and mediation. In 2009, Van was part of an arbitration trial team in an antitrust price-fixing case that obtained a multi-million dollar award, which was selected for The Daily Journal's Top Plaintiffs' Verdicts: Top Arbitration Award List.
- Represented a multinational corporation against product liability claims in over 25 coordinated individual cases from multiple jurisdictions. All cases were resolved with no liability.
- Represent healthcare organization in a litigation alleging price-fixing in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and actual and attempted monopolization and conspiracy to monopolize in violation of Section 2 of the Sherman Act.
- Represent a national health plan in lawsuits filed by groups of emergency room physicians seeking reimbursement for services provided to health plan patients for whom financial liability had been delegated to independent practice associations under California law.
- Represented major health plan in dispute with an out-of-network provider relating to charges in excess of reasonable and customary amounts.
- Represented health plan in contractual disputes with data processing vendor.
- Represented health plan as a third party in a dispute by members against providers for claims of fraud relating to coverage for reconstructive surgery.
- Represented a health insurance company in an action involving breach of contract and bad faith claims.
- Represented a major grocery chain in a trial related to lease disputes and a litigation involving exclusive use restrictions.
- Represented a national corporate client in mass coordinated actions involving product liability claims.
- Represented a director in an action involving fraud claims in real estate transactions.
- Represented a national corporate client in an antitrust price-fixing arbitration.
- Represented a national telecommunications company in a series of class actions involving fraud, warranty, unfair competition and false advertising, and other consumer claims.
- Represented an insurance company in class action litigation involving unfair competition and false advertising and fraud claims.
- Represented a national retailer in class action litigations alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Represented a national credit reporting agency in defending individual and class actions in state and federal court actions alleging violations of Fair Credit Reporting Act and Unfair Competition, and other consumer claims.
- Represented a pension fund in various matters involving constitutional and statutory interpretation.
- Represented an owner in complex construction delay and defect action against general contractor, design professional, engineers and other subcontractors.
Prior to joining Crowell & Moring, Van was a litigation associate at Paul Hastings. She received her law degree from the University of Southern California Law School. At USC, she was the executive articles editor for the USC Interdisciplinary Law. Van received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Irvine, and she graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
Van is the president of the Orange County Asian American Bar Association (OCAABA) and has served as the president-elect, treasurer, and secretary. She was elected and has served on the board of directors for OCAABA since 2009. Van is also a director on the board for the Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter. In addition, she serves on the Executive Advisory Council and the Pro Bono Advisory Council for Asians Americans Advancing Justice. Van is also a volunteer attorney for the Orange Public Law Center, which has recognized her with the Public Law Center's Distinguished Service Award/Special Recognition, and its State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award for her pro bono work. Van has consistently been named a "Southern California Super Lawyer - Rising Star" in Litigation since 2007.
Admitted to practice: California, Ninth Circuit and U.S. Central District of California, U.S. Northern District of California, U.S. Southern District of California
- President (2014 – 2015), President-Elect (2013-2014), Treasurer (2012-2013), Secretary (2011-2012), Director (2009-2011), Orange County Asian American Bar Association
- Director (2011-present), Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter
- Executive Advisory Council Member (2014-2015) and Pro Bono Council (2015), Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Member, Williams P. Gray Inns of Court (present)
- Member, American Bar Foundation Fellow (2014-present)
- Host Planning Committee Member, 2010 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Annual Convention
- Host Planning Committee Member, 2012 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Western Regional Conference
- Volunteer Attorney for the Public Law Center of Orange County, Public Counsel, Asians American Advancing Justice, and UCI Pro Bono Program
Highlights, News & Knowledge
Speeches & Presentations
Client Alerts & Newsletters
In the News
Firm News & Announcements