Todd D. Rosenberg is a partner in the firm's Corporate Group. Todd's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt financings, and complex commercial agreements (including outsourcing agreements, service agreements, and intellectual property licensing agreements). Todd regularly advises public and private corporations, financial institutions, hedge funds, and private equity funds. Todd has significant experience with transactions in a wide-variety of industries, including healthcare, financial services, government contracts, transportation, media, technology, and telecommunications.
Todd frequently teams with members of the firm's Health Care Group on transactions, including pharmacy benefit management outsourcing agreements, joint ventures, the sale and acquisition of plans and related businesses, and agreements related to the establishment of accountable care organizations and other innovative care-delivery arrangements.
Todd's representative transactions include:
- The representation of managed care companies, including Aetna, Cigna, and Health Net in structuring and negotiating pharmacy benefit management agreements.
- The representation of a health insurer in the sale of its Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- The representation of a provider of telematics services in the negotiation of service agreements for the provision of private label telematics services to various automobile manufacturers in the U.S. and abroad.
- The representation of Gate Gourmet, Inc. in a wide range of matters including a global information technology outsourcing services agreement, joint ventures and commercial agreements.
- The representation of a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of (and further investment in) portfolio companies in the automotive services and cleaning services industries.
- The representation of Ricoh in connection with its investment in a U.S. technology company.
- The representation of investors in connection with fund formation activities, including the negotiation of limited partnership agreements and agreements related to fund management.
- The representation of a NASDAQ and Toronto Stock Exchange listed provider of information technology in connection with its acquisition, by merger, of a business communications solutions provider.
- The representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a plastics recycling company out of bankruptcy.
- The representation of an operator of hospitals and other healthcare facilities in asset sale and joint venture transactions involving hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers.
- The representation of a private equity fund in its acquisition of an emergency room physician outsourcing business out of bankruptcy.
Todd also is active in the firm's pro bono representations. Todd co-led a team of Crowell & Moring attorneys who, along with the Legal Counsel for the Elderly, formed AT HOME (the Alliance to Help Owner's Maintain Equity), a group whose advocacy of reforms to the District of Columbia's system for selling real property tax liens led to a front-page investigative series by The Washington Post and, in turn, the adoption of significant reforms. Todd also assisted the Washington Tennis & Education Foundation in securing new market tax credit financing to construct a tennis and education center for at-risk youth in Southeast Washington, D.C.
Todd clerked for the Honorable Deborah J. Chasanow on the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Southern Division from 1997 to 1998.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Maryland (inactive), Virginia (inactive)
Highlights, News & Knowledge
Speeches & Presentations
"Don’t Sign that Yet: Pitfalls to Avoid in Payor-Provider Contracting," Blue Cross Blue Shield Association's 2015 Blue National Summit, Phoenix, AZ
(April 21, 2015).
Presenters: Michael W. Lieberman, Todd D. Rosenberg, and Scott J. Moore.
"'Don't Sign That Yet': Tools and Tips for Identifying and Avoiding Common Traps in Health Care Commercial Contracting," Crowell & Moring's Healthcare Ounce of Prevention Seminar (HOOPS), Hartford, CT
(March 10, 2015).
Presenters: Jennifer S. Romano and Todd D. Rosenberg.
"'Don’t Sign That Yet': Tools and Tips for Identifying and Avoiding Common Traps in Health Care Commercial Contracting," Crowell & Moring's Healthcare Ounce Of Prevention Seminar (HOOPS), Washington, D.C.
(October 27-28, 2014).
Presenters: Andrew J. Hefty, Scott J. Moore, and Todd D. Rosenberg.
Client Alerts & Newsletters
In the News
Firm News & Announcements