Shari Ross Lahlou is vice-chair of the firm's Antitrust Group, a member of the Commercial Litigation Group, and resident in the Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses primarily on antitrust and other complex litigation, including class actions and multidistrict proceedings. She has successfully litigated cases at the trial and appellate levels in several federal and state courts nationwide, and has participated in a number of bench and jury trials, including as first chair. She has defended several clients in antitrust cartel cases, as well as cases alleging monopolization, tying, exclusive dealing, and other anticompetitive conduct. In addition, Shari has prosecuted and defended patent infringement claims and claims related to major commercial disputes. Shari was named to the National Law Journal's 2016 list of M&A-Antitrust Trailblazers.
- In re Titanium Dioxide Antitrust Litigation: Currently representing DuPont in defense of Sherman Act Section 1 class action litigation alleging conspiracy to fix the price of titanium dioxide.
- In re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation: Currently representing CSX Transportation, Inc. in defense of Sherman Act Section 1 multidistrict class action litigation alleging conspiracy to fix fuel surcharge prices.
- Suture Express v. Cardinal & Owens & Minor: Currently representing major distributor of medical & surgical supplies in litigation alleging tying and exclusive dealing.
- U.S. v. AT&T & T-Mobile: Represented AT&T in its bid to purchase T-Mobile.
- In re: Apple/ATTM Antitrust Litigation: Represented AT&T in litigation over exclusive service provider relationship for iPhones.
- NewCal v. IKON: Represented major copier company in a case alleging violations of Sherman Act Section 2 using an aftermarket theory, and RICO.
- DuPont v. Kolon: RepresentedDuPont in its prosecution of trade secrets claims and its defense of a Sherman Act Section 2 counterclaim.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Maryland
Highlights, News & Knowledge
Speeches & Presentations
Client Alerts & Newsletters
"Supreme Court Raises the Bar for Class Action Suits by Requiring Plaintiffs to Show a Specific Calculation of Damages for the Specific Theory of Harm for which a Class is Certified,"
Antitrust Law Alert
(March 28, 2013).
Contacts: Kathleen Taylor Sooy, Tracy A. Roman, Shari Ross Lahlou, Michael W. Lieberman
"The Fourth Circuit Derails Class Action by Sending Conspiracy Claims to Individual Arbitrations,"
Antitrust Law Alert
(October 17, 2007).
Contacts: Kent A. Gardiner, Clifton S. Elgarten, Shari Ross Lahlou
"On Behalf of Sagamore Health Network, Crowell & Moring Attorneys Successfully Defeated a Preliminary Injunction Motion Brought by Gateway Contracting Services in the Southern District of Indiana,"
Health Law 'In The News'
(March 19, 2002).
Contacts: Arthur N. Lerner, Barbara H. Ryland, Shari Ross Lahlou
In the News
April 25, 2016 — The American Lawyer
US Judge Unseals Order Dismissing Suture Express Medical Product Tying Suit
April 12, 2016 — PaRR
$200M Suture Antitrust Suit Nixed for Lack of Market Power
April 8, 2016 — Law360
Suture Express Tying Claims Against Rivals Rejected
April 8, 2016 — Bloomberg BNA
Shout-Out: Crowell and Jones Day on Top in $200M Antitrust Fight
March 10, 2016 — The AmLaw Litigation Daily
Federal Judge Tosses DuPont Price-Fixing Case
February 3, 2016 — Delaware Business Court Insider
When Opting Out Goes Bad: One Company’s Story
February 1, 2016 — The Litigation Daily
Competition Cases to Watch in 2016
December 24, 2015 — Law360
Pa. Hospital Urges Class Cert. in Med Supply Antitrust Row
October 9, 2015 — Law360
Competition Cases to Watch In 2015
January 2, 2015 — Law360
Big Suits: In Re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation
August 29, 2012 — American Lawyer
Firm News & Announcements