Ryan C. Wong is a counsel in Crowell & Moring's Orange County office and practices in the firm's Antitrust Group. As a complex litigator, Ryan focuses on antitrust and competition litigation, though also has substantial experience with white collar criminal and environmental defense litigation. Ryan also has counseled clients on antitrust and competition, regulatory compliance, and law and technology issues.
In his antitrust and competition litigation practice, Ryan participates in both complex antitrust recovery and defense litigation. Ryan also has experience with counseling clients on antitrust issues associated with potential transactions, vendor relationships, and product distribution. Ryan also has experience with counseling clients on law and technology issues, including counseling on digital products, terms and conditions, contests, and intellectual property.
In his pro bono practice, Ryan also represents low-income clients through the Public Law Center of Orange County and the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles.
Ryan received his B.A. with honors from the University of California, Los Angeles with a major in history and a minor in political science. He earned his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he served as both a managing and comments editor for the Asian Pacific American Law Journal. While in law school, Ryan was an intern for UCLA Student Legal Services. Ryan also clerked for the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California and was a summer associate at Crowell & Moring. Ryan was previously an associate at Crowell & Moring.
Ryan is admitted to practice in the state of California. Ryan is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, the Orange County Asian American Bar Association, and the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association. Ryan is also one of the firm's members of the Orange County Coalition for Diversity in the Law.
- Currently representing one of the world’s largest automakers in a litigation to recover overcharges caused by an international vehicle carrier services bid rigging and price fixing cartel.
- Currently representing one of the largest computer manufacturers in a litigation to recover overcharges caused by an international optical disk drive price-fixing cartel.
- Represented one of the world’s largest automakers in a litigation to recover overcharges caused by an international polyurethane foam price-fixing cartel.
- Defended the largest manufacturer of electrophoretic displays (EPDs) against alleged federal and state antitrust violations, as well as patent infringement, fraud, civil conspiracy, and breach of contract claims.
- Represented a mobile wireless handset manufacturer, major telecommunications company, and other corporate clients that purchased TFT-LCD panels in a litigation to recover overcharges caused by an international price-fixing cartel.
- Defended a large cement manufacturer against alleged violations of the Clean Air Act.
- Defended a specialty pharmaceutical company against alleged violations of California's Unfair Competition Law and False Claims Act.
- Assisted a global technology product distributor conduct internal investigations and respond to government regulators regarding potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Admitted to practice: California
Summary of Pricing Fundamentals Series, Program 4: Price Measured Against Costs
Author: Ryan C. Wong.
In the News
Firm News & Announcements