Rebecca S. Copeland is a counsel in Crowell & Moring's Environment & Natural Resources Group and Financial Services Group in the firm's Alaska office. Becky focuses on business counseling, and transactional and commercial litigation, with particular emphases on business litigation and commercial bankruptcy. Becky has also represented companies and financial institutions as creditors, retained professionals, and others as litigants in a variety of civil litigation and Chapter 11 bankruptcy matters.
Becky regularly provides advice and counseling to individuals and companies on a variety of business-transaction matters, including entity organization and formation, financing transactions, purchase and sale of stocks and assets, securities compliance, real estate transactions and company valuations.
Becky's recent transactional litigation and counseling experience includes:
- Preparation of gas purchase and sale agreements for exploration entities.
- Representation of an electric utility in obtaining financing from CFC.
- Representation of a corporation in the sale of property for use as an electric generating plant.
- Representation of a corporate client with regard to fuel sales.
- Representing clients in relation to investigations by state governments regarding pricing for goods.
- Representation of a large gas producer with regard to production sharing agreements and gas storage agreements.
- Representation of numerous clients in entity formation, partnership, corporate and LLC arrangements, and purchase and sale agreements for various types of assets and entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Becky worked at other Anchorage law firms, including the Anchorage office of a major Washington D.C. firm, and as in-house counsel at a large insurance company in Minnesota.
Becky holds a B.A. in international relations from Eckerd College and a J.D. from Tulane University School of Law.
Admitted to the Bars of Alaska (inactive), Louisiana (inactive) and Minnesota (inactive). Admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Highlights, News & Knowledge