Neil Sitron joined Crowell & Moring in 2005 and is a counsel in the firm's Corporate Group. His practice includes international and domestic joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance and governance, securities transactions, and securities reporting and compliance. His experience covers a range of corporate and securities counseling and transactions, and includes consortium transactions, formation of joint ventures and teaming agreements, mergers, asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions, private equity and venture capital investments, corporate governance guidance, development of corporate compliance programs and guidance on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, U.S. securities registrations, securities law periodic reporting, proxy solicitations and stock exchange requirements.
Neil received a B.A., with honors and with highest distinction, from The University of Michigan, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his J.D. from Harvard Law School. While in law school, Neil was a member of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology, and he served as a mediator with the Harvard Mediation Program.
Prior to attending law school, Neil served as director of West Coast Sales for ePrize, LLC and financial analyst for Intel, Inc. and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
Neil is a member of the Bar of the District of Columbia and the Bar of the State of Maryland.
- Representation of TruMid Financial LLC in the launch of a new alternative trading system (ATS).
- Representation of an automotive OEM in the establishment of a
multinational joint venture with a major Saudi Arabian conglomerate,
valued at $285 million.
- Representation of Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch and UBS, as shareholders in The Clearing Corporation, in connection with the sale of The Clearing Corporation to IntercontinentalExchange, Inc.
- Representation of Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, and UBS in the creation, together with IntercontinentalExchange, Inc., of ICE US Trust LLC, the first clearinghouse for credit default swaps.
- Representation of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays Capital, Citadel Securities, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, TD AMERITRADE, and UBS in their purchase of a significant equity interest in NYSE Amex Options, an options exchange operated by NYSE Euronext.
- Representation of Citadel Securities, GETCO, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and UBS in their purchase of a significant equity interest in NYSE Liffe U.S., the U.S. futures exchange of NYSE Euronext.
- Representation of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and UBS, among others, in working with IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. to develop its over-the-counter FX clearing service.
- Representation of QuadraMed Corporation in asset acquisition of U.S., U.K., and Canada healthcare information technology business from Misys Hospital Systems, a subsidiary of Misys plc.
- Representation of Goldman Sachs in its investment in Motif Investing, Inc.
- Representation of Goldman Sachs in its investment in Quantitative Services Group, LLC.
- Representation of Skystream Markets, Inc. in its $4 million sale of preferred stock.
- Representation of an international, technology-focused government contractor in the establishment of a Brazilian joint venture.
- Representation of a technology-focused defense and intelligence contractor in its $90 million stock acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Representation of a private equity firm in its $57 million asset acquisition of an automotive tuning company.
- Representation of a private equity firm in its $36 million stock acquisition of an automotive tuning company.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Maryland
Highlights, News & Knowledge
Speeches & Presentations
"Legislative Preview: An Early Look at Opportunities & Risks for 2017," LexisNexis Webinar
(December 15, 2016).
Presenter: Neil M. Sitron.
"Don't Sign that Yet!" Workshop 4, Crowell & Moring, Washington, D.C.
(February 25, 2014).
Presenters: Bryan Brewer, Edwin M. Baum, Elizabeth A. Figueira, and Neil M. Sitron.
"Don't Sign that Yet!" Workshop 3, Crowell & Moring, Washington, D.C.
(May 22, 2013).
Presenters: Bryan Brewer, Kathryn D. Kirmayer, Kathleen Balderrama, and Neil M. Sitron.
"The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Non-U.S. Companies: An Overview of Current Issues," Presentation to the Capital Markets and Institutional Investing in Indonesia Conference
(April 18, 2007).
Co-Presenters: Kelly G. Howard and Neil M. Sitron.
"Self-Driving Cars Are Barreling Down the Innovation Highway," Corporate Law Advisory
(March 7, 2017).
Author: Neil M. Sitron.
"Joint ventures: What to do when the end comes," Inside Counsel
(November 5, 2014).
Co-Authors: Morris F. DeFeo, Jr. and Neil M. Sitron.
"Joint ventures in Saudi Arabia: What counsel should know," Inside Counsel
(October 22, 2014).
Co-Authors: Morris F. DeFeo Jr., John Beaumont, and Neil M. Sitron.
"Think about compliance early and often when entering into a joint venture," Inside Counsel
(October 8, 2014).
Co-Authors: Morris F. DeFeo Jr. and Neil M. Sitron.
"10 key points to consider before entering a joint venture… and useful deal tips," Inside Counsel
(September 24, 2014).
Co-Authors: Morris F. DeFeo Jr. and Neil M. Sitron.
"Mining Companies Go Public On The AIM," Crowell & Moring Mining Law Monitor, Vol. 22, Issue 2
Co-Authors: Paul Finlan, Mitchell Rabinowitz and Neil Sitron.
Client Alerts & Newsletters
In the News
Firm News & Announcements