Lauren Bertini Patterson is a counsel in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. She is a member of the Antitrust Group and the Advertising & Product Risk Management practice. Lauren's antitrust practice focuses on the counseling and representation of clients in a range of antitrust matters, including competitor collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, and issues related to compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act. Lauren's antitrust work spans multiple industries, including aerospace, banking, biotechnology, health care, mining, publishing, social media marketing, and telecommunications. Recent antitrust matters include:
- Representing UTC in its acquisition of Goodrich
- Representing DuPont in its acquisition of Danisco
- Representing UTC in its acquisition of GE Security
- Representing Coventry Health Care in its acquisitions of Preferred Health Systems and Mercy Health Plans
- Representing Rio Tinto in the divestiture of its coal assets in Wyoming
- Representing Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch and UBS in the formation of the ICE US Trust LLC
- Numerous counseling matters relating to compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act
Lauren's product risk management work focuses on clients whose advertising and marketing practices are being investigated by the FTC or who are facing or instigating challenges before the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau.
Lauren received her B.A. from the University of Virginia with a double major in history and biology and a minor in bioethics. She earned her J.D. from the University of Virginia, where she served on the Moot Court Board. Lauren was also a member of the Jessup International Moot Court Team and earned Honorable Mention for Best Individual Oralist as a member of the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court team.
Admitted to Practice: Virginia, District of Columbia
Highlights, News & Knowledge
Speeches & Presentations
"Social Media and Advertising: Managing Your Reputation and Liability in the Age of Consumer Product Reviews, Astroturfing, and Blogger Endorsements," Crowell & Moring Product Risk Management Seminar
(October 19, 2011).
Moderators: Dina Epstein; Lauren Patterson. Panelists: Stacey Ferguson (Federal Trade Commission); Brian Falbo (Dell); Bridget Calhoun.
The Long and Winding Road for BIOSIMILARS: Charting a Pathway through Patent, FDA, Antitrust, Prescription Filling, Reimbursement and Liability Law
(September 18, 2015).
Authors: Chiemi Suzuki, Deborah H. Yellin, Barbara H. Ryland, Lauren B. Patterson, and John Fuson.
The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act: Not Just for Kids
Co-Authors: Bridget E. Calhoun, Lauren B. Patterson and Kathryn M. Johnson.
Client Alerts & Newsletters
In the News
Firm News & Announcements