Kyler E. Smart is a counsel in the firm's Washington, D.C. office, and a member of the Antitrust and White Collar & Regulatory Enforcement Groups. Kyler's practice involves counseling and representation of corporate and individual clients in white collar criminal and related civil matters, including internal corporate investigations and federal grand jury investigations. Kyler's practice also includes defense of corporations and individuals in complex civil litigation.
Kyler's recent litigation and counseling experience includes:
- Representing a corporate client during a multi-year investigation by U.S. and European officials for price fixing.
- Representing a Fortune 100 science and technology company in federal antitrust and commercial action with former distributor and competitor.
- Representing individuals during interviews with Government authorities.
- Representing a former government official sued in his personal capacity for alleged constitutional violations.
- Performing antitrust compliance audits to identify possible risks and counseling clients on reducing those risks.
Kyler also has extensive experience counseling clients in best practices in the areas of document preservation, collection, discovery and production. Kyler has handled all facets of responding to and complying with Government information requests and discovery matters in private litigation.
Kyler joined the firm in 2001. A 1992 summa cum laude graduate of the University of North Dakota, Kyler received her law degree from the George Washington University Law School, where she graduated with high honors and was Articles Editor of The Environmental Lawyer and a member of The Order of the Coif. Before attending law school, Kyler served as a Legislative Assistant in the United States House of Representatives.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Maryland (inactive)
Note: "Losing Ground: How SUVs are Making the United States Less Fuel-Efficient and Options for Reversing the Downward Trend," 7 Env. Law. 159
Author: Kyler E. Smart.
Client Alerts & Newsletters
Firm News & Announcements