Julie A. Kehrer is a government contracts specialist and is a member of Crowell & Moring's Government Contracts Group and a key member of its Government Contracts Management Services offering. She is also a Certified Professional Contracts Manager, the senior and most prestigious credential offered by the National Contracts Management Association. As a non-attorney professional with over 10 years of experience, Julie’s work focuses on providing government contracts management counseling and services during all phases of the contract lifecycle to clients who contract with federal, state, and local government agencies.
Julie has extensive experience working directly with clients to draft and negotiate prime contract and subcontract terms and conditions that mitigate legal and business risk specific to the work being performed, including mandatory and optional FAR and FAR Supplement flowdown analysis. She is also experienced in GSA Schedules contracting, including application of the Price Reductions clause of the FAR, Cooperative Purchasing, and Contractor Teaming Arrangements. Julie is also an experienced fact investigator and data analyzer in support of the firm’s government investigation and audit, and internal investigation and compliance matters, and has worked on many merger and acquisition due diligence efforts involving government contractors.
- Served as first escalation level for all prime contract and subcontract negotiation efforts for eight-year, $300+ million local law enforcement agency counterterrorism technology program.
- Identified and successfully negotiated 187 request for proposal exceptions in resulting $90 million services, software, and hardware prime contract with a state health and human services agency.
- Collaborated closely with client throughout difficult three-year procurement process to successfully negotiate with multiple local government agencies for the award of an $8 million information technology services prime contract.
- Integrated into client procurement team over a three-month period after client suddenly lost key employees; reviewed and revised non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and subcontracts.
- Provided annual updates to a state research university’s standard FAR, DFARS, and NFS flowdowns for commercial and non-commercial items.
- Summarized numerous FAR, DFARS, DLAD, and DLA-Energy prime contract clauses for renewable energy company.
- Prepared analysis of mandatory and recommended FAR, DFARS, AFMCFARS, and NMCARS flowdowns and provided overview of compliance requirements therein for mid-sized advanced manufacturing client.
- Analyzed and remediated hundreds of subcontract files for subcontracts in support of large contingency operations logistics prime contract in preparation for anticipated CPSR for large government contractor.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager, National Contract Management Association
- Advanced Paralegal Certification: Contracts Management, National Association of Legal Assistants
- Paralegal Certification, National Association of Legal Assistants
- National Contract Management Association
- Denver Chapter Board of Directors, Corporate Sponsorship Chair
- National Association of Legal Assistants
Client Alerts & Newsletters