Elizabeth Buehler is a Government Contracts Group associate in Crowell & Moring’s Washington, D.C. office, where she focuses on compliance counseling, False Claims Act defenses, internal investigations, and suspension and debarment proceedings before civilian agencies (including the Small Business Administration, Department of Education, and Environmental Protection Agency) and defense agencies (including the Air Force and Army). She also represents government contractors in bid protests before the Government Accountability Office and assists contractors with the development of corporate ethics and compliance programs.
Elizabeth received her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2012. During law school, Elizabeth was a law clerk at the World Bank’s Office of Suspension and Debarment. In this role, she researched and analyzed sanctions cases and U.S. and foreign law related to administrative sanctions.
Elizabeth received her undergraduate degree from Georgetown University.
- Conducted internal investigation involving False Claims Act and suspension and debarment considerations, and helped to negotiate a favorable resolution.
- Defended government contractor in qui tam lawsuit alleging fraud and retaliation.
- Represented companies and individuals receiving show cause letters and notices of proposed debarment from various government agencies.
- Counseled clients with regard to mandatory and voluntary disclosures.
- Advised clients about small business regulations.
- Reviewed and edited teaming agreements and subcontract agreements.
- Assisted with drafting and filing FOIA requests and appeals.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia, Maryland, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Aerospace & Defense Industries Committee, Section of International Law
- Member, Suspension and Debarment Committee, Section of Public Contract Law
- Member, International Procurement Committee, Section of Public Contract Law
- Member, Procurement Fraud Committee, Section of Public Contract Law
Speeches & Presentations
"Defective Pricing," Federal Publications Seminar, Washington, D.C.
(September 19-20, 2016).
Presenters: David Z. Bodenheimer, Robert A. Burton, Skye Mathieson, and Elizabeth Buehler.
"SBA Opens the Floodgates: The New Government-Wide Mentor-Protégé Program," Crowell & Moring Webinar
(August 4, 2016).
Speakers: Amy Laderberg O'Sullivan, Olivia Lynch, and Elizabeth Buehler.
Client Alerts & Newsletters