Dan Glassman is a counsel in Crowell & Moring's Orange County office. Dan has more than 18 years of experience as a trial attorney in private practice and as in-house counsel for a 23,000 employee health system. His experience includes complex commercial litigation, class actions, professional liability defense, labor and employment litigation, real estate litigation, and business torts. Before joining Crowell & Moring, Dan was vice president and associate general counsel of the St. Joseph Health System, where his responsibilities included oversight and management of all business and employment litigation. Prior to that, Dan was a litigation attorney at the Orange County office of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, where he litigated complex matters at all levels of state and federal court in diverse industries, including healthcare, real estate, manufacturing, securities, and entertainment.
- Won a multi-week jury trial on behalf of health insurance plan relating to claim by home infusion provider seeking excessive charges for its provision of drugs to one of plan’s members. Jury returned unanimous defense verdict for the client on breach of contract and fraud claims, after court granted directed verdict on the punitive damages claim.
- Representing mattress manufacturer in consumer class action alleging violations of California consumer protection and warrant statutes.
- Representing healthcare plans and their administrator and/or insurer in numerous contractual and payment disputes with health care providers.
- Won a trial for movie theatre chain in action for professional negligence against former accountants.
- Won an arbitration for broker-dealer for professional negligence against a former sales representative.
- Won a trial for manufacturer in action brought by customer in connection with supply contract.
- Represented international law firm in multiple malpractice actions brought by former clients.
- Represented movie theatre chain in lease dispute against shopping center re-developer.
- Represented major land owner in lease dispute against shopping center tenant who had abandoned the premises.
- Represented securities broker-dealer in unfair competition action against former employees.
- Represented securities broker-dealer in action against former partner involving the sale of partner's business to client.
- Represented health system in multiple actions against contracted providers in variety of business torts.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund (2015)
- Board Member, United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County
- American Health Lawyers Association, Former Vice Chair of Litigation & Liability section
- Former Board Member, Orange County Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Former Board Member, Friends of Santa Ana Zoo
Admitted to practice: California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Highlights, News & Knowledge