Whether advising a client in connection with a government inquiry or ensuring compliance with corporate policies, the Crowell & Moring White Collar & Regulatory Enforcement Group has the insight and efficiency that comes with conducting large, complex, and multinational corporate internal investigations on a daily basis. Our internal investigations span all disciplines, including securities, environmental concerns, export control laws, bribery, campaign finance, and health insurance/Medicare fraud, as well as concerns arising from the manufacture and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Advised a major international air cargo company in defending against investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and European Union (EU) authorities, including the establishment of an overseas process for the collection, processing, and review of documents potentially subject to EU privacy laws
- Advised a major manufacturer and retailer of apparel and consumer goods, in connection with concerns under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act related to the company’s business in South America
- Advised a corporation in connection with a Southern District of New York public corruption and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation relating to Iraqi national elections
- Advised a Fortune 100 company in connection with an inquiry from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Advised a defense contractor in connection with an FBI inquiry concerning a corporate relationship with a member of Congress and compliance with federal lobbying-related restrictions, domestic bribery and gratuities laws, and congressional ethics rules, and successfully resolving the matter without any penalty to the corporation or any of its employees
- Advised a government contractor in connection with a grand jury investigation concerning allegations of violations of the False Claims Act and antitrust laws
- Advised construction and industrial companies in connection with workplace injuries and fatalities