Crowell & Moring's technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) practice represents clients operating at the convergence of law, technology, and business. We provide focused counsel on technology procurement, development, network arrangements, and licensing agreements, in addition to merger, acquisition, joint venture, and financing transactions in these industries.
We represent clients in a broad range of technology-related matters and regulatory issues:
- Contracting for information technology equipment and services
- U.S. and European regulation of the telecommunications and media industries
- The expanding role of the Internet as a venue for C2B and B2B transactions
- Development and protection of intellectual property rights, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets
- Antitrust regulation, counseling, and litigation
- Regulation of personal information privacy and data collection rights in the United States and Europe
Our team and our individual lawyers have been named among the leading practitioners worldwide by independent ratings agencies and publications such as the Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) and Chambers USA. Our European TMT group has been described in Chambers Europe as "a respected presence" and "a strong choice." As thought leaders in the area of TMT law, our European team regularly publishes the journal "European TMT & Privacy Bulletin," available online to clients and non-clients alike.
We regularly advise manufacturers, suppliers, service providers, corporate users, and online businesses on the regulation, protection, and disposition of rights to technology, information, spectrum, and intellectual property in the United States, Europe, and around the world.
- AT&T Services
- Saab AB
- Symplicity Corporation
- Sprint Nextel
- United Technologies Corporation