The government is turning to the private sector now more than ever to fulfill its mission, and at the same time, government contractors must deftly navigate a complex network of rules and regulations in order to secure new contracts and effectively administer their engagements. Small and large government contractors turn to Crowell & Moring for its integrated government contracts management service to provide the experience and counsel they need to navigate the full arc of the contract lifecycle – from pre-award through contract closeout.
Our esteemed Government Contracts Group has been recognized year after year by Chambers USA as a tier-one group and “one of the foremost practices in the market." Our team includes world-class government contracts lawyers, non-attorney government contract management professionals, and former government officials who effectively provide end-to-end management of contracts and assist clients with all aspects of government contract administration and management – be it at the federal, state, or local level.
Clients of all sizes, from the largest contractor to those just entering government contracting for the first time, will benefit from the support of our contracts management team. Our professionals will support your capture management, contracts management, and legal teams at a level of integration tailored to suit your specific needs. We provide project support on an as-needed basis, or can fully integrate one of our professionals on-site at your facility.
By engaging our innovative and cost-effective government contracts management service, your company is gaining the full support of our hands-on team with the full range and depth of government contracting knowledge to tackle all of your government contract administration and management challenges.
Our team regularly works with contractors in sectors including: aerospace, defense, technology, health care, cybersecurity and many others.
Our government contract management professionals:
- Review solicitations and identify “red flag” regulatory and statutory compliance issues, business risks, and contractual terms and conditions.
- Draft questions to submit to the government to clarify solicitation content.
- Prepare terms and conditions exceptions for inclusion in proposals.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements, contracts, subcontracts and modifications.
- Identify and analyze mandatory and discretionary subcontract flowdowns, including FAR and agency FAR Supplement flowdowns.
- Identify and interpret relevant terms and conditions with respect to issues that arise during contract performance, including those associated with terminations.
- Support internal and external audits, Business Systems Reviews, and Contractor Purchasing System Reviews.
- Prepare determinations regarding commerciality, sole source awards, CAS and TINA applicability, subcontractor responsibility, price reasonableness, and adequate price competition.
- Review contract and subcontract files for documentation adequacy pursuant to internal policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform complex data analysis as needed, such as time-charging data, test report data and invoice backup data.
- Support Government Contracts and Corporate attorneys with mergers and acquisitions due diligence by reviewing and analyzing key terms and conditions in contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements.