The Federal Acquisition Reform Act and the Clinger-Cohen Act revolutionized the way the federal government acquires commercial items and services. We help our clients – both companies venturing into the government marketplace for the first time and experienced government contractors – deal with the resulting thicket of ever-changing statutes, regulations, procedures, and case law by:
- Providing guidance on the threshold questions of what are commercial items and services.
- Advising clients regarding unique terms and conditions in commercial item contracts, such as the clauses on warranty and termination.
- Assisting subcontractors selling commercial items to government primes, and government primes acquiring items from commercial subcontractors.
- Advising clients on award and administrative issues concerning government-wide acquisition contracts (GWACS) and other multiple award ID/IQ contracts.
- Establishing internal systems for clients to comply with requirements of commercial item government contracts and conducting internal investigation of compliance issues.