Crowell & Moring represents aircraft owners and operators in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) enforcement proceedings, investigations, and regulatory compliance matters. Working with our corporate and tax lawyers, we have substantial transactional capability to assist clients in aircraft purchase, sale, FAA registration, financing, tax, fractional ownership, dry and wet lease, insurance, U.S. citizenship, and voting trust matters. Our lawyers also advise companies on flight department and aircraft usage issues and compliance with FAA regulations and requirements affecting aircraft operations.
- Representing a passenger airline in the acquisition and FAA registration of Boeing aircraft
- Advising a major international manufacturer on FAA regulations governing the sharing of company aircraft among affiliated companies and U.S. registration of aircraft by foreign citizens
- Representing a foreign investor in acquiring business jets, structuring U.S. ownership trusts and leases, and exploring fractional ownership options for utilization of the aircraft
- Advising an all-cargo airline on structuring aircraft leases and acquiring Boeing aircraft
- Advising a charter passenger airline on wet leases to other airlines