Crowell & Moring's Antitrust Group provides associations with counseling and advocacy on all antitrust issues in conjunction with its full-service trade association practice. We represent more than 75 international, national, and local nonprofit organizations on a continual basis, and many others on a project-by-project basis. Our clients include trade associations, professional societies, foundations, education groups, philanthropic organizations, and other nonprofits and similar entities.
As outside antitrust counsel to associations, we regularly provide relevant training to board members and staff, and represent associations in litigation or government investigations involving antitrust issues. We also assist associations in structuring standard-setting programs, information exchanges and statistical reporting programs, certification programs, limits on non-member access to products and services, member accreditations and similar association activities.
- Representing an industry association in the steel products antitrust class action litigation
- Serving as outside general counsel to several trade associations, including:
- the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- the National Association of Nuclear Pharmacies
- the Bi-National Softwood Lumber Council
- the Cable Fire Research Association, the Communications Cable & Connectivity Association
- the Helicopter Association International
- Providing ongoing antitrust compliance training for numerous associations in the petrochemical, aviation, health care, and manufacturing sectors
- Representing several associations responding to government investigations in the agricultural sector
Particular to Crowell & Moring are the size and depth of both our trade association and antitrust practices individually, and the resulting benefits inherent in bringing both groups together. Our lawyers are well versed in the substantive and industry issues faced by our clients, whether they involve health care, government contracts, aviation, international trade, or other areas of the law. Our goal is to combine our substantive knowledge in our clients' industries with our overall association legal experience so we can craft creative solutions that address our clients' needs.
We regularly publish articles, chapters, and books in the association and nonprofit field. We hold seminars and training sessions on current legal developments including our Association Law Breakfast Series, which covers current legal areas of interest to associations. In addition to the lawyers in our group, we have a team of staff professionals dedicated to providing important non-legal services to our clients, such as meeting planning and coordination, accounting, and member services. In short, our deep knowledge and practical service offerings allow us to provide full-service solutions to our trade association clients.