Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients in high-stakes litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 and emerging companies as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service, diversity, value-based billing, and legal project management.
Year Founded: 1979
Firm Chair: Angela B. Styles
Size: 500+ lawyers and professionals
Practices & Industries: Full range of services covering Litigation & Trial, Regulatory & Policy, and Transactions & Corporate, as well as key Industries.
Consulting Subsidiary: C&M International
Recognition and Honors:
- Consistently ranked on The American Lawyer "AmLaw 100" list of America's highest grossing law firms.
- Recognized consistently as best in class by clients and peers in Chambers USA, with 56 ranked attorneys and 19 ranked practice areas in 2016.
- Ranked for excellence consistently by The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, and Chambers Global in practices, including corporate, competition law, employment law, intellectual property, and international trade.
- Recognized multiple years in The Financial Times (FT) in its Most Innovative North American Law Firms report, including in 2015 for "Business of Law - Talent Development" (first and third place) and "Social Responsibility – Pro Bono Cases" (first place).
- Named among Working Mother's "Best Law Firms for Women" for fifth consecutive year in 2016.
- Recipient of The American Lawyer 2015 "Global Legal Awards" for Global Dispute of the Year in U.S. Litigation and Pro Bono.
- Named to Law360's "Practice Groups of the Year" listing for sixth consecutive year for Government Contracts in 2015, as well as International Trade in 2015; Advertising & Product Risk Management in 2013; and White Collar in 2012.
- Recognized among Global Competition Review's "GCR 100" of the world's leading antitrust practices in 2015.
- Recognized among Global Investigations Review's "GIR 100" of the world's leading investigations practices in 2015.
- Recognized for our "intimate involvement in deals," "cutting-edge cases representing Fortune 100 companies," and "friendly, collegial work environment" by Vault's Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms.
- Ranked by The American Lawyer among the top 50 law firms in the United States for pro bono work.
- Named to The National Law Journal Pro Bono Hot List in 2015.
- Named "Pro Bono Firm of the Year" in recent years by three organizations - the Tahirh Justice Center, the Capital Area Immigration Rights Coalition, and the Orange County, CA Public Law Center.
- Recipient of two California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Awards. The recipients are recognized attorneys across the state whose achievements have made a profound impact on the law.
- Received a 100 percent rating on The Human Rights Campaign Foundation's (HRC) 2015 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
- Recipient of the prestigious Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) "Thomas L. Sager Award" for the Mid-Atlantic and Western Regions for our diversity efforts.
- Recipient of the American Bar Association's Publico Award in 2014.
- Ranked 7th in the United States and 1st for Washington, D.C. in 2014 American Lawyer "Summer Associate Survey."
- Recognized for our leadership in developing and implementing family friendly practices and policies by being named a 2013 Yale Law Women's "Top Ten Family Friendly Firm."
- Among the top U.S. law firms for diversity in Minority Law Journal's 2012 "Diversity Scorecard."
- One of the top 100 law firms for diversity in Multicultural Law Review's 2012 rankings.
- Recipient of Women In Law Empowerment Forum's 2012 "Gold Standard" Certification which emphasizes the leadership roles achieved by female equity partners.
- Recognized for our workplace environment and awarded Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work in Greater Washington" and the Bar Association of the District of Columbia's prestigious Constance L. Belfiore Quality of Life Award in the large law firm category for exceptional quality of life.
- Named among the "2012 Healthiest Employers" in Washington, D.C. by the Washington Business Journal.