WEBINAR: This Year in Trade — What's Ahead in 2017? — C&M's First 100 Days Series
January 18, 2017
Starts: 11:00 AM (EST)
Ends: 12:00 PM (EST)
From economic sanctions to import tariffs, the incoming Trump administration has suggested it will seek to implement almost immediately significant changes in international trade policy and enforcement. In addition to these potentially seismic shifts, technological and social developments reshaping international trade rules and global supply chains are gathering speed, from the expanding adoption of blockchain technology to increasing corporate social responsibility requirements. Join us as we step into the eye of this perfect storm to identify the international trade risks and opportunities likely to arise for your businesses in the course of 2017.
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern, our Crowell & Moring team will discuss predictions for the coming year. Topics will include likely trends and issues in the U.S. and EU on:
- Sanctions in a Trump Administration: Iran, Cuba, Russia, and beyond
- AML – “de-risking” and the new normal
- ECR here to stay? Rollbacks? What’s next?
- Supply chain risk management: CSR, blockchain, conflict minerals: new actors, and public disclosure – 2017 Issue
- New tax on imports? Impact of possible border adjustment tax on your business; increased enforcement; ACE update
- A new sheriff in town? Expedited case decisions, retaliatory tariffs, and China, China, China.
Presenters include members of our international trade team and Crowell & Moring International based in Washington, D.C. and Brussels. We hope you can join us for this webinar.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: