Third Thursday--C&M's March Labor & Employment Update: Compliance Strategies Regarding the Affordable Care Act
March 21, 2013
Please join us for the next edition of Third Thursday – Crowell & Moring's Labor and Employment Update, a webinar series dedicated to helping our clients stay on top of developing law, emerging compliance issues, and best practices. As announced last month, this month’s Third Thursday program will be the first to expand beyond our previous focus on compliance with wage-hour hour law. Our next webinar will take place on Thursday, March 21 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern.
This month’s topic: With 2014 fast approaching, employers should begin to focus on their compliance strategies regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA), to the extent they have not already begun to do so. We will discuss a host of fast-approaching compliance issues for employers regarding the ACA, including:
- The employer “mandate” or “pay or play” provisions, and various issues and strategies associated with satisfying the mandate (either by paying the excise tax penalties or providing qualifying coverage)
- New reporting and disclosure requirements that will apply to employers in 2013 and 2014
- New required verifications that employees are, or are not, eligible for federal premium subsidies
- New fees that will apply to employers either directly or indirectly
- New whistleblower protection provisions to be enforced by the Department of Labor
We hope you’ll grab a sandwich (or a bagel if you’re on the west coast) and listen in. As always, we will be happy to take your questions, both during the program and thereafter.
Please click here to listen to a recording of the webinar. Please click here for a copy of the presentation.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)