International Commercial Agreements Conference
November 7, 2006
Contracts are at the heart of nearly all business transactions and as business becomes increasingly globalised, more and more contracts are negotiated and drafted across international boundaries. This exceptional three-day conference will give you a sound basic knowledge of the skills needed in this area and will focus on international negotiation techniques together with drafting guidelines and advice on the essential pre-contract issues. The approach taken will be practical and interactive with workshops and a review of sample clauses featuring throughout the three days.
Who should attend?
- Heads of legal departments
- In-house counsel
- Lawyers in private practice
- Commercial directors and managers
- Legal advisers
- Procurement directors and managers
This programme will help you:
- Understand the essential issues to be analysed prior to negotiation
- Understand the tactics commonly employed in international negotiations
- Gain an insight into the negotiating styles prevalent in a number of countries
- Ensure that you can identify, manage and turn cultural differences into commercial advantage
- Understand competition law and how it can effect your commercial agreement and how to avoid common mistakes
- Get a full overview of the most popular types of agreement with advice, sample agreements and workshop session to help enforce the knowledge
- Select the most appropriate dispute resolution techniques
- Avoid the pitfalls that await the unwary in drafting international commercial agreements
Jane Wessel will speak on choice of law, jurisdiction and alternative dispute resolution at this event.
For more information, please visit these areas: