ICC Annual Conference 2008 - Trends & Developments in Global Competition Law
May 16, 2008
The Annual Conference on 'Trends and Developments in Global Competition Law' 2008 will be held on Friday, 16 May in Brussels. Like last year, this will be a one-day event aiming to bring to our audience a comprehensive update of recent developments in the field which will be presented in an analytical and thought-provoking way by a high-level panel of speakers from around the globe.
The event will include brief presentations but ‘no speeches’ in order to provide the widest possible platform for a fruitful discussion of practical issues to take place in which our audience will be encouraged to participate.
The event will address significant developments of great interest to both corporate counsel and private practitioners in the major areas: international merger control; international cartel enforcement; abuse of dominance; and the interface between competition policy and intellectual property rights.
Faculty of speakers includes:
- John D. Cooke, Judge, European Court of First Instance
- Joachim Bornkamm, Judge, Federal Court of Justice, Germany
- Philip Lowe, Director General, DG COMP, European Commission
- Cecilio Madero Villarejo, Director, Information, Communication and Media, DG COMP, European Commission
- Jeffrey Schmidt, Director, Bureau of Competition, US Federal Trade Commission
- Guillaume Loriot, Head of Unit, Antitrust and Merger Case Support, DG COMP, European Commission
- Ali Nikpay, Senior Director, UK Office of Fair Trading
- Paul Lasok QC, Barrister, Monckton Chambers
- Marius Schwartz, Professor of Economics, Georgetown University and Bates White
- Stephan Simon, Deputy Head of Unit, DG COMP, European Commission
- Bill Baer, Partner, Arnold & Porter
- Kent Gardiner, Chairman, Crowell & Moring
- Hans Friederiszick, Director, European School of Management and Technology
- Robert Lipstein, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Youngjin Jung, Partner, Yulchon, Seoul
- Werner Berg, Partner, Crowell & Moring
Werner Berg is speaking on International Merger Control, Kent Gardiner will speak on International Cartel Procedures and Rob Lipstein is speaking on The Interface Between Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights.
Official Event Site
Crowell & Moring Participant(s)