Fraud and Compliance Forum
September 25 - 27, 2006
Don't miss the Fraud and Compliance Forum designed specifically for compliance officers and health attorneys who must advise their clients and institutions on the latest developments in fraud and abuse and compliance issues. The program will kick-off on Monday afternoon with a Fraud and Abuse Primer, followed by concurrent sessions on Compliance 101 and Compliance 202. Breakout sessions will provide legal analysis and practical compliance guidance on issues including:
- Fair Market Value Defenses in False Claims Act Litigation
- Cultivating Physician Hospital Relationships
- Hot Issues for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- What to Tell Your Clients When It Discovers a Stark Violation
- Attorney-Client Privilege in Dealing with Compliance Issues
- Discounts - The Anti-Kickback Statute's New Clothes
- Governance, Roles, and Responsibilities of Internal Audit vs. Compliance Department
- Avoiding or Preventing Qui Tam Lawsuits
- Advanced Stark and more!
Crowell & Moring's John Brennan will be participating in a panel discussion, What to Tell Your Client When It Discovers a Stark Violation. The session will cover issues, including advanced search methods for finding an "exception", disclosure and repayment strategies and obligations, and impact of recent legal developments, including the OIG Open Letter, on how to resolve Stark problems.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: