Advertising for Associations Seminar
May 4, 2016
Starts: 1:00 PM
Ends: 5:30 PM
Site: Crowell & Moring LLP
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20004
1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern
Trade Associations often undertake advertising campaigns on behalf of their members and their industries. When done well, powerful marketing can deliver great benefits to an association and its members. Poorly managed and executed advertising strategies, however, can create a nightmare of liability for false advertising, regulatory investigations, and public backlash.
In an interactive, half-day, in-person seminar, experienced lawyers from Crowell & Moring, major associations, and government officials will discuss the laws, risks, and winning strategies behind great associational advertising.
Specific topics will include:
Featured guest panelists will include:
- Potential liability to associations and their members for false and misleading advertising.
- Does the First Amendment always protect what you say?
- What are the antitrust risks of certain advertising and communications strategies?
- Techniques for getting the message right.
- Strategies for reducing the possibility that members become ensnared in litigation, or managing litigation if it happens.
More to come...
- Jeremy Allen, Senior Vice President - Federal Affairs, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Rend Al-Mondhiry, Associate General Counsel, Council for Responsible Nutrition
- Josh Holmes, President, Founding Partner, Cavalry, LLC
- Veronica LaFemina, Vice President, Strategic Communications & Public Relations, American Diabetes Association
- Tate Linden, President and Chief Creative Officer, Stokefire
- Karin Moore, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Andrew Topps, Assistant General Counsel, American Forest & Paper Association
- Kim Zimmerman, Vice President for Government Relations, American Health Care Association
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):
For more information, please visit these areas: